The proposed improvements as per the RFP provided by NAVFAC included a building addition to existing Building 1500, and an existing parking lot expansion to add 344 proposed spaces to the existing 838 spaces for a total of 1,182 spaces. The building addition allows for pedestrian access and egress, and service deliveries through Building 1500.
Timmons Group provided land surveying, civil engineering design, permitting, and construction administration services for the project which included:
- Approximately 43,000 sf of building addition
- Parking for 1,182 vehicles
- Stormwater management for compliance with the Department of Conservation and Recreation for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Sanitary sewer service connection
- Domestic and fire service connections
- Electrical service connections
- Fiber optic communications connection
During the proposed storm system design it was discovered that upstream offsite impervious areas south of the existing parking lot, are currently transporting storm runoff via several storm structures and pipe through the existing parking lot storm system. These upstream offsite areas (outside the RFP delineated project limits) were included in the ultimate design of the proposed underground stormwater management facility. Building 1500 has received LEED Gold certification.