Gloucester County, VA contracted with Timmons Group to convert the County’s existing GIS data from AutoCAD to an Esri-based Enterprise GIS, including ArcGIS Desktop (Basic, Standard, Advanced and Extensions), ArcGIS Server Standard, Esri’s Parcel Fabric, and the ArcGIS for Local Government Information Model. The County required that the solution provide critical functional specifications with out-of-the-box functionality, mobile enablement, improved operational awareness and citizen engagement, simplified land parcel and property records management, reduced volume of public inquiries and real time project status updates.
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Data Conversion using Safe Software’s Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) for addressed buildings, parcels (into fabric), road centerlines, and other layers as necessary for proper delivery of enhanced 911 services.
- Quality Assurance using Esri’s Production Mapping Tools (Data Reviewer Extension)
- Publication Map Documents, including E-911 map book, station map, and street maps
- Optional Web Applications – internal, public facing, administrative tools
- A Comprehensive data manager and end user training program to provide technical proficiency to the County staff for future maintenance and success
In additional to the deliverables above, Timmons Group and the County are leveraging Esri’s ArcGIS Online technology as a basis for collaboration on conversion review and acceptance. This approach offers real time feedback on the conversion that is integrated seamlessly into the Active production version of the conversion database.