Liz is the Group Leader of Stormwater Services for Hampton Roads. Since joining Timmons Group in 2011, she has been managing and performing work under annual services contracts for Hampton Roads localities, including the Cities of Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, and Poquoson. Tasks performed under these annual contracts vary in size and complexity from small quick-hitting tasks, such as responding to resident flooding complaints, to large-scale, city-wide drainage studies. However, most of the work focuses on neighborhood drainage improvement projects and other small-scale studies that begin with field investigation, SWMM modeling, and presentation of prioritized improvements and result in the development of construction documents and provision of post-design services. Her daily responsibilities also include business and client development; project coordination including project scoping, work planning, staff and project scheduling, and progress reporting; project billing; and personnel management for the Hampton Roads Infrastructure Group.
Liz lives in Norfolk, Virginia where she enjoys cooking, playing golf, volunteering at craft beer events, and walking the Elizabeth River Trail. She is a Director on the Board of the Elizabeth Trail Foundation and also participates on the Master Planning Committee where she helps identify and design infrastructure improvements for the trail.
• Something about you many people don’t know? I have a minor in Psychology.
• Favorite vacation destination? Red Mountain Resort in Ivins, Utah
• Your first job? Hostess at Don Pablo’s in Newport News
• Favorite Hampton Roads restaurant? Hampton Roads has SO many excellent local restaurants. Unfortuantely, my absolute favorite – Stove, in Portsmouth – closed last year.
• Favorite movie? Labyrinth