Steve Raugh is a Principal in the Public Land Development division, specializing primarily in K-12 and athletic facilities. From master planning through construction administration, Steve is responsible for all aspects of project planning and design. Steve is passionate about sustainable design for our children’s environment. He understands the importance of project phasing to ensure no student will have his/her academic year disrupted. His specific experience includes site layout, erosion control, grading, drainage, utilities, stormwater management, feasibility studies and cost estimating. He is actively involved with the Virginia Educational Facility Planners and regularly attends conferences to stay current on education trends. Steve’s favorite part of a project is meeting with the owner to understand their vision and collaborating with the project team to realize the project’s goals.
Steve enjoys fishing, jogging and golfing, but, most of all, he enjoys doing just about anything with his wife and three children.
- Where did you grow up? Altoona, PA for the first 5 years; then Chesterfield County, VA
- Favorite sports teams? Hokies and Pittsburgh Steelers
- If you weren’t an engineer, what would you be? A teacher
- Favorite vacation destination? Alaska (still a dream)
- What would your last meal be? Chilean sea bass or grilled tuna steak