Steve Hostetler is a Principal in the Public Land Development division and specializes in Campus Planning projects. During his more than 25-year tenure with the firm, Steve has managed hundreds of public sector projects, including K-12 schools, higher education, justice and correctional facilities, municipal offices and other local, state and Federal government projects. His duties include project management and the coordination and design oversight from inception of a preliminary plan through certification of construction completion. Steve is passionate about land planning, and strives to maximize the operational efficiency of projects with minimal environmental disturbance and maximum aesthetic appeal.
Steve is especially adept at working with owners and project teams to understand the owner’s vision, visualize options, and develop the perfect concept.
Steve lives in Chesterfield County with his wife, Kathy, and their two sons. He is active at Salisbury Presbyterian Church, and a regular at his boys’ sporting events. Steve enjoys golf, reading, playing and listening to music and boating.
- Where did you grow up? Bon Air, VA
- A favorite project you have worked on? It’s hard to pick a favorite, but one of my most memorable is Monticello High School in Charlottesville. This project incorporated many low impact site design and sustainability features long before the advent of LEED and the general emphasis on “green” design that is common today.
- Favorite restaurant? O’Toole’s (a great neighborhood restaurant and pub)
- Favorite movie? The Godfather
- Your hero? Has to be my parents, who always taught (and lived) the values of hard work, faith and humility