Shawn Smith specializes in residential land development and has more than 20 years of experience in the planning, layout and design of a wide variety of private development projects. Shawn focuses on conventional subdivisions, multi-family projects, master planned communities, mixed-use and traditional neighborhood developments. He is involved with projects from the early due-diligence stages through rezoning, preparation of construction documents to final plat recordation. A licensed professional engineer with extensive design expertise, Shawn’s consulting capabilities include master planning and layouts, road design, design of sewer and water line extensions, sewer force mains, storm sewer design, stormwater management systems, and water quality analysis. He currently oversees multiple residential land development projects.
Shawn lives in Chesterfield County with his wife, Christina, and their three children, Matthew, Emma and Alex. In his spare time, Shawn enjoys distance running, CrossFit and coaching his children’s sports teams as well as the occasional trip to Blacksburg to cheer on the Hokies.
- Where did you grow up? All over Virginia – Richmond, Virginia Beach and Northern Virginia
- Favorite sports teams? Washington Redskins and Virginia Tech Hokies
- Favorite vacation destination? The Outer Banks
- Music you are currently listening to? Zac Brown Band and Dave Matthews Band
- If you weren’t a civil engineer, what would you be? A teacher and coach