Scott is the Group Leader of the Landscape Architecture team at Timmons Group. Managing one of the largest teams of Landscape Architects in the State of Virginia requires a drive for success and an unparalleled commitment to both clients and colleagues. He has helped build a highly qualified team of landscape architects, planners, horticulturists, arborists, LEED and SITES accredited professionals, and visualization specialists, all capable of solving any challenge throughout the life of a project. Scott places a strong emphasis on serving both public and private clients across the region and relies on his extensive planning and design experience to lead these projects from concept to completion.
With over a decade of dedication to parks and recreation projects across the State of Virginia, Scott understands how to meaningfully engage in the public involvement process and deliver successful projects that meet the goals of the locality and incorporate the aspirations of the public. He is active in the Virginia Recreation and Park Society and has built lasting relationships with like-minded individuals in the industry and leans on these resources to make every project thrive. He truly believes that all projects, big and small, can make a major impact on quality of life in any community.
Scott is a Richmond native and calls ‘Northside’ home, where he and his wife Kristen are raising their two young children. As a family, they enjoy traveling, cooking, hiking, boating, fishing, and staying active.
• Words you live by? Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
• Something about you many people don’t know? I won a national championship (for Bass Fishing) while at Virginia Tech in 2007.
• Favorite vacation destination? Any National Park (2 down, 59 to go).
• Dream vacation? A month on a privately chartered catamaran in the Caribbean – probably without the kids.
• Your first job? Self-employed, cutting grass and painting mailboxes.
• Favorite Meal? Fresh rockfish (preferably caught by me).