Randy is focused on the operations side of our E-Government Solutions practice. Although he works on all types of geospatial projects, his passion is in favor of larger, multi-phased collaborations that are involved in systems and data migrations.
Randy moved to Virginia after obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Maine. He received his Master of Business Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University. Additionally, he holds a license to practice Professional Land Surveying in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
A long tenured employee at Timmons Group, Randy has recruited and hired many of the faces here. He is versatile enough to lead our group in the latest technical practices of today, as well as understand and consult on all of the technological advancements in our industry over the years. As he put it best – “We’ve been consulting in geospatial services for twenty years in almost every facet of the industry – and we’ve done it well!”
- Music you are currently listening to? Zac Brown Band – Jekyll and Hyde; Chris Stapleton
- Favorite vacation destinations? I took a Royal Caribbean Cruise and loved it, I also really enjoyed our family trip to the Eastern Caribbean.
- A favorite project you’ve worked on? The development and deployment of an Enterprise GIS for Fairfax County Water Authority. It was a very complex GIS System migration for one of the largest water utilities in the United States.
- Something about you many people don’t know? I come from a long line of commercial fishermen. My great grandfather Asa Trott was a Doryman (whaler) out of New Bedford Massachusettes who was lost at sea when my grandfather was 3 years old.
- Favorite meal is? Steamers (Long Neck Clams)