Michael (Mike) Claud is the Stormwater Services Group Leader. He specializes in Stormwater Management and is responsible for all aspects of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, water quality analysis, drainage system design, stormwater management systems, watershed master planning, VSMP implementation, dam safety services and floodplain studies. His experience involves managing ongoing professional engineering services contracts for several area localities to assist in planning, designing and implementing various stormwater projects.
Mike has additional experience in low-impact development and sustainable infrastructure design, watershed modeling, stream restoration, wetland mitigation designs, stormwater management systems, dam analysis and design, floodplain studies and watershed master planning. Much of his experience focuses on stormwater analysis and implementation projects that sometimes require innovative design solutions.
Mike lives in Chesterfield County with his wife, Valerie, and their two children, Haydn and Camryn. He enjoys spending time with his family, going to car shows and tinkering with his Mustang.
- Where did you grow up? Chesterfield County, Virginia
- If you weren’t an engineer, what would you be? An Air Force pilot
- Dream vacation destination? Australia
- Favorite restaurant? No particular favorite, I like all types of food
- Your heros? My Mom and Dad; they were always a great inspiration for me