John is a Senior Project Manager for Public Land Development in the Charlottesville and Staunton, Virginia offices. He manages the offices and has significant experience with the site/civil engineering for all types of projects.
John particularly enjoys working on higher education and public school projects. His favorite part of any project is working closely with the client to learn every detail of their project to make sure Timmons Group’s work supports the overall vision and goal of the project.
John Lives in Augusta County, Virginia with his wife, Liz. He enjoys doing yard and garden work, wargaming and spending time with his adult children. With the exception of being a supporter of VMI athletics (first in his heart), in football season he roots for the Alabama Crimson Tide “Roll Tide Roll”. In basketball season, he roots for the UNC Tar Heels. John was a Scoutmaster and believes deeply in the scouting program.
- Words you live by? AD ASTRA PER ASPERA (roughly translated as “thru the stars with difficulties”)
- Something about you many people don’t know? Belonged to the Military Book Club and read many military history books as a youth
- Favorite vacation destination? Gettysburg
- Dream vacation? Visit the areas of the South Pacific and Japan where my father served in during the war
- Your first job? Second Lieutenant, U.S.Army Corps of Engineers; first duty station, Fort Bragg, NC
- Favorite Meal? Crispy Chicken Livers