Gary is the Director of Structures & Bridges as well as the Director of Transportation Design Build. Focusing his career on bridges, he has designed complex structures in multiple states and has experience with nearly every aspect of bridge analysis, inspection, and design. His extensive experience with design-build projects gives him a deep understanding of construction practices. In addition, he has a passion for building teams to pursue, position, and deliver projects.
Gary is a Professional Engineer in numerous states as well as a Certified Bridge Inspection Team Leader. His Master's in Business Administration rounds out his abilities as an efficient Project Manager, Design Manager, and mentor to staff.
Gary lives in Short Pump with his wife Karen and two children. During the winter, he spends his spare time skiing. In the warmer months he can be found on the tennis courts or hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- What was your job in high school? Surf lifeguard in Rhode Island
- Favorite meal? Pan-seared Ahi Tuna with sesame seeds
- Dream vacation? Completing the 2,190 miles of the Appalachian Trail
- Favorite quote? “Engineer is also a verb.”
- Favorite book? The Path between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal, by David McCullough