Derrick Johnson manages Timmons Group’s Tri-Cities office located in Prince George, Virginia, working with over two decades of experience. Derrick specializes in Industrial Land Development projects. He manages all aspects of design for site plans, infrastructure development and master planning, as well as feasibility studies for public and private clients. His projects include industrial; residential, including single-family, multi-family and townhouses; and commercial projects, including restaurants, hotels, convenience stores, churches and office centers. Derrick oversees the majority of the job order contract projects performed nearby in Fort Lee, Virginia.
Derrick is a Prince George County native, where he lives with his wife, Jackie, and their two children, Megan and Blair. He is the President of the Hopewell-Prince George Chamber of Commerce, and serves on numerous civic boards and organizations in the Tri-Cities region. In addition to a variety of outdoor activities, he enjoys attending his children’s swim meets and other extracurricular events.
- Favorite vacation destination? Hawaii
- Favorite meal? Medium-rare steak and baked potato or BBQ
- Favorite sports team? Washington Redskins
- What was your first job? Worked in the Parts Department of a Dodge dealership
- Something about you that many people do not know? I was a Bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints