A self-professed geo-geek, Chris has been in the geospatial industry for over a decade. His focus on any given workday is creatively solving geospatial challenges for his clients. Chris’ comprehensive knowledge of Esri, Google, Bing!, open source, and hybrid solutions, enables Timmons Group to provide geospatial application development and implementation for a growing list of clients. The enterprise solutions group prides itself on integrating complex business workflows with geospatial viewing and analysis to generate significant Return on Investment (ROI) for their clients.
Chris has produced multiple webinars and presentations on topics such as enhancing the user experience in GIS applications, geospatial mobile options, web mapping API’s, HTML5 for the geospatial world, cloud-based lands management solutions, enterprise field data collection, and application development focused on natural resources, forestry, transportation, conservation, utilities, public works, and the financial sector.
Chris graduated with a Bachelors of Science from Wake Forest University and received a Master’s degree in Environmental Studies from Virginia Commonwealth University. Chris loves spending time outside the office playing sports, spending time with his wife and kids, and working outside. Chris is also a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles and Wake Forest basketball and football fan.
- Music you are currently listening to? Old school Red Hot Chili Peppers – Mother’s Milk
- Dream vacation destinations? Australia, New Zealand
- A favorite project you’ve worked on? The development of the original IFRIS portal for Virginia Department of Forestry because it was the first spatial accomplishment project of its kind.
- Something about you many people don’t know? I tutored current San Antonio Spurs, Tim Duncan, in French when we were at Wake Forest.
- Favorite meal is? Anything on the grill.