Chris Dodson leads Timmons Group’s Field Operations Division, which includes environmental services, land surveying, geotechnical engineering and materials testing, and construction services. He is usually a key team member on fast track, multi-phased design-build and other high profile projects the firm is working on.
Chris has taken the environmental mitigation practice nationwide. Surveying, environmental, civil engineering, geotechnical and construction administration services are being provided on mitigation projects throughout the U.S. He has been the driving force behind the continuous efforts to keep survey and environmental staff equipped with the latest technology to create efficiencies for the firm and its clients. Examples include new 3D laser scanners for survey crews, wetland delineation reporting software developed by staff, and accreditation of our materials testing lab. Chris also assisted with the start-up of the firm’s national energy practice.
Chris resides in Chesterfield County with his wife, Amy, and their children, Dexter and Taylor.
- Dream vacation destination? Mo’orea, a high island in French Polynesia
- Music you are currently listening to? Zac Brown Band, the Black Keys, and usually anything my kids are listening to
- Favorite book? Pillars of the Earth
- If you weren’t an environmental scientist, what would you be? An outdoor adventurer and thrill seeker
- A favorite project you’ve worked on? I honestly don’t have one. What I like best is the variety of projects that I get to work on and the challenges of each. I consider myself one of the luckiest people in the firm because every day is different and I get a chance to work with most of our employees and clients on some level.