Bruce McCloy is a Principal in the Public Land Development division. He specializes in Government Land Development projects and is responsible for the management and design of local, state, and Federal government facilities. He launched the firm’s site development practice for the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies, primarily through the use of Design-Build and IDIQ contracts. He is a subject matter expert on Federal procurements.
Bruce is also involved on private projects using the design-build or other delivery method where fast-track, early site development packages are desired. He has been responsible for the master planning and site design of municipal government projects such as libraries, fire stations, public safety training facilities, police stations, prisons, jails, and other facilities where security is a concern.
Bruce is a retired Army officer and now lives in Midlothian with his wife, Katie, and two children, Elena and Connor. In addition to his passion for international travel and non-profit work, Bruce enjoys spending time with his family, the outdoors, and reading at the beach.
- Where did you grow up? Richmond, VA, but I spent each summer at different locations across the US due to my Dad’s work
- Your dream vacation destination? Italy
- If you were not a civil engineer, what would you be? An archaeologist
- Favorite outdoor activity? Hiking
- Your last meal would be? Steak, potatos and a salad