Brian Bortell is the President, Chairman and CEO of Timmons Group. In his role, Brian is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the firm and overseeing the firm’s five operating divisions and 16 offices across the country. Brian has the unique advantage of having been with Timmons Group for over three decades, starting his career with the company as an entry level engineer. In doing so, he developed a passion for creating an innovative, rewarding, and fun corporate culture at Timmons Group. Under his leadership, Timmons Group has achieved significant and sustained growth over the past decade, landing the firm on the Inc. 5000 list of the Fastest Growing firms in the United States for the past three years.
Brian lives in Chesterfield County, Virginia and has two grown children. Over the years, Brian has distinguished himself as an endurance athlete by running in over 20 marathons and competing in more than 100 triathlons. He has qualified for, and raced in, the Hawaiian Ironman on numerous occasions. He is active in both the local Road Runners Club and Richmond Triathlon Club.
- Favorite meal? Any meal that includes dessert
- Something about you many people don’t know? In addition to our two labs, my wife and I regularly foster dogs from the Richmond Animal League.
- Dream vacation destination? A safari in South Africa
- If you weren’t a civil engineer and company CEO, what would you be? A high school basketball coach
- Favorite book? Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand