Brian Bortell, President, Chairman and CEO at Timmons Group, has more than three decades of experience developing and leading the firm’s technical teams to meet the needs and visions of their clients. He also oversees each of the firm’s operating units, as well as the Support Services departments. Brian’s background includes project management, design, construction oversight, and operations and implementation of infrastructure solutions. He is a 2004 graduate of Leadership Metro Richmond. Brian is passionate about the shared success of the firm and its clients. He works tirelessly to continue buiding on the wonderful culture that exists at Timmons Group.
Brian lives in Chesterfield County with his wife, Angela, and has two grown children, Josh and Allison. Over the years, Brian has distinguished himself as an endurance athlete by running in over 20 marathons and competing in more than 100 triathlons. He has qualified for, and raced in, the Hawaiian Ironman on numerous occasions. He is active in both the local Road Runners Club and Richmond Triathlon Club.
- Favorite meal? Any meal that includes dessert
- Something about you many people don’t know? In addition to our two labs, my wife and I regularly foster dogs from the Richmond Animal League.
- Dream vacation destination? A safari in South Africa
- If you weren’t a civil engineer and company CEO, what would you be? A high school basketball coach
- Favorite book? Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand