The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) teamed with Timmons Group to develop and support a geospatial information portal solution to support VDOT’s public call center operations. When calls come into the VDOT call center, the goal of the dispatcher is to provide location-based information to call-takers in a timely manner so that citizens' needs can be responded to and met. Examples include: initiating roadway maintenance work requests, providing the travelers with roadway incident information, and answering general questions from the citizens.
Project Tasks Include:
- Application Planning - user requirements gathering, existing system integration planning, use case development and operation and maintenance planning;
- Design - application architecture, user interface design, integration point design, work process design and data flow design;
- Development - back-end application coding, UI coding, UAT and stress testing. The portal leverages the Esri ArcGIS and Microsoft SharePoint software to provide an integrated map centric knowledgebase; and
- Deployment - installation, documentation development, operations training, end user training, testing, operations and maintenance support.
Consulting Skills Required:
- Business Process Refinement
- Application Architecture Experience
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Knowledge
- GIS/Geospatial Applications Expertise
- Strategic Planning/Needs Assessment