The approach to civil engineering and landscape architecture for the Snyder Building provides a setting for the building that is responsive to the existing context and conditions of the Fontaine Research Park, and at the same time recognizes the Snyder Building as a new and important inter-disciplinary research facility for the University.
Timmons Group was responsible for all aspects of civil engineering and landscape architecture associated with this 85,000 SF facility, of which 30,000 SF are located underground beneath the building’s parking lot . This aspect of the project created very challenging design and construction considerations, all of which were successfully addressed by the team, leading to the state of the art facility in place today.
- Consultation with owner on zoning and Virginia Certificate of Public Need applications
- Erosion and sediment control design.
- Layout of parking lot and sidewalks and integration with the existing campus protocol.
- New utility design and on-site utility relocation.
- Grading and drainage design on a highly constrained site.
- Landscape Architecture which conformed to the Fontaine Research Park design guidelines
- Construction administration for civil and landscape scope of work.