Timmons Group provided surveying and engineering design services for over $20M worth of roadway improvements associated with 4 million square feet of office/retail development at the interchange of Route 60 and Route 288. The roadway work includes:
- US Route 60 – This work includes the transformation of an exiting four-lane divided rural principal arterial roadway into an eight-lane urban corridor.
- Watkins Centre Parkway/Otterdale Road – This work includes 3,000 feet of new four-lane divided urban collector as well as the widening of over 2,500 feet of existing roadway and four roundabouts
- VA Route 288 – This work includes approximately 10,000 feet of widening along this limited access highway including collector-distributor roadways, four new ramps and ramp connections.
Worked with four developers and their engineers to incorporate all interests into one
comprehensive and coordinated project.
Coordinated with various utility companies to establish what facilities were in the
corridors and to design around their utilities so that the corridor could be developed on
- The double-lane roundabouts were a first for Chesterfield County.
- The MOT plan fell under the requirements of the new VDOT TMP requirements.
- The project is being financed through a Community Development Authority (CDA).