Timmons Group designed, developed and implemented a mobile application that contains real-time road conditions for the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT). The MoDOT Traveler Information Application notifies drivers of current construction work zones, car crashes and inclement road conditions on state interstates and highways. Travelers also have the ability to use the “My Routes” function, which keeps track of real-time conditions on routes users may take frequently. The application further incorporates real-time weather feeds as well as DOT cameras streaming live conditions along interstates and highways.
The MoDOT application is supported on iOS and Android smartphones and tablet devices, and is freely available on both the Google Play Store and the Apple iTunes Store.
- My Routes: Users can create, manage and save a list of routes they frequently travel.
- Traffic Cameras: Users can access up-to-the-minute traffic images from street level cameras.
- Winter Road Conditions and Closures: Provides travel information related to winter conditions for improved decision making for MoDOT consituents.
- Weather Radar Display: Users have the ability to view approaching weather radar in context with MoDOT data and traveler information on the mobile map.
- Interactive Map: Users can access mapped content with a wide range of benefits and features. Maps are intuitive and designed for every-day user to easily access traveler information.