The Oregon State Police (OSP) Fish and Wildlife (F&W) Division ensures compliance with the laws and regulations that protect and enhance the long term health and equitable utilization of Oregon’s fish and wildlife resources and the habitats upon which they depend.
Timmons Group contracted with the OSP F&W Division to develop a mobile application for F&W troopers to track activities in the field. The native Android mobile application is accessible to 119 F&W troopers within the agency and replaces a manual, pencil and paper method.
The mobile application will allow the F&W troopers to utilize technology to simplify field data collection. F&W troopers record time and track daily patrol activities within the mobile application. The mobile application allows the agency to increase data accuracy, data tracking, and availability of reports. It also reduces costs and time spent entering citation and violation information.
- Troopers will be able to securely login into a native Android mobile app in the field.
- They will be able to select an activity and capture relevant information, such as its relation to a “priority contract” which will allow them to track activities to organizations that provide funding to OSP.
- After “starting” the activity, the app will track the officer’s time as it’s in progress. When completed, the officer can end the activity to stop the timer.
- For select activity workflows, they will be able to record contacts, issue warnings and violations from within the app.
- Using VPN, the officers will be able to securely sync enforcement contact’s information to the database to protect personally identifiable information.
- The web portal will provide access to the data entered via the mobile application for management and analysis.