December 07, 2020
Holidays at Home: Part I Cookies with Khelsey
By: Brittany Harlow
Happy Holidays from Timmons Group! We know the holidays this year are a little different for everyone, so we wanted to share some of our favorite things to do around the holidays spent at home.
What is a holiday without some festive and scrumptious cookies to enjoy with a cup of milk or hot cocoa around the fire? Whether you get your groceries delivered or need to take a trip to the grocery store, you’re going to want to add these ingredients for simple White Chocolate Confetti Holiday Cookies to your cart!
What you’ll need:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon half-and-half
- 1/2 cup red and green sprinkles
- 1 2/3 cups white chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
1. Don’t forget to wash your hands!
2. Preheat to 375 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
3. While waiting for the oven to preheat, whisk together dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. You can use a stand mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer like Khelsey does to cream the butter for 1 minute. Add in the sugar and cream for an additional 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and egg. Gradually beat in dry ingredients, then add the half-and-half to moisten the dough and make it soft, but not too wet. Add in the green and red sprinkles and 2/3 cup of the white chocolate chips (or as many as you want).
4. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop out small balls of dough and round into 24 balls and put on the prepared baking sheets. Chill the remaining dough in the refrigerator. Dip your fingertips into the remaining half-and-half and use them to slightly flatten the top of each cookie.
5. Bake until the cookies are set on top and light golden brown around the edges, about 10-15 minutes (Khelsey recommends closer to 10 so they are gooey in the middle). Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Allow the baking sheets to cool, then line them with new parchment and repeat the process for any leftover dough.
6. Once the cookies are finished baking and are cooled, put the remaining white chocolate chips in a small heat safe bowl and microwave on high, stirring halfway through, until just melted (about 1 minute). Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. Allow the chocolate to cool before serving (about 30 minutes).
All of us from Timmons Group wish you a very happy and safe Holiday at Home and we hope you enjoy the cookies!